Monday, November 10, 2008

I saw the new James Bond movie before you


I like movies. I enjoy going to the movies in Canada, but I find the $10 cost prohibitive at times. In Nicaragua, going to the movies has become a lovely escape. It's air-conditioned to nearly freezing temperatures and the seats are clean and comfy. And it only costs about $3.
The only catch is that Nicaraguan theatres decide to release the poorest selection of movies. Made of Honour was playing in theatres for my first 6 weeks here. Six weeks.
Then a movie called Love Wrecked opened. I had never heard of the movie and thought maybe I was out of touch on my Hollywood movies. So I looked it up. The movie was released in the U.S. in 2005. It starred Amanda Bynes and Lance Bass played the character of "cell phone Dan". I decided to save $3 and pass up that opportunity.
Then, last week, all of a sudden the new James Bond movie opens in theatres. And I realize that the movie hasn't even opened in North America yet.
How does this make any sense?
ps - as for my review - movie was o.k., too many fight scenes make me a little dizzy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good price!
There’s a sign up at the Kingsway theatre saying that it is re-opening soon so hopefully we’ll have $6 movies again soon.
Reviews have not been good here for Quantum. Globe & Mail, Eye Weekly and Now Magazine all rated it with 2/5 Stars.