Saturday, January 10, 2009

James Taylor said it best

Time to get a little sappy. There is something to be said for old friends. I've met plenty of new people over the course of this trip and learned a lot from meeting others from varying backgrounds. But after having the same conversation over and over again ("Where are you from?", "What are you doing here?", "How long are you travelling for?") makes me a little nostalgic for old friends. Like the ones who knew me when I would put a red pencil in my hair because it was someone's favorite colour - and they still wanted to be friends with me. Being away from old friends it's a pleasant surprise to hear from them, in whatever form. So thank you to those who navigated the internet, figured out the Nicaraguan postal system, fought with an international calling card or made a 12 hour journey to eat Oreos and Ritz crackers for a week.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Ahhhh!! True that old friends ya can't beat em! I didn't know you in you red pencil fashion days but I am sure I would been your friend! Heart, Hamanda

adem said...

Wow this is great news that BT landlines announced a new offer including calling card that allows you to absolutely free International calls just dial simply 0870 339 1182 or 0870 801 2501 and save your money on International calls for a full list of destination visit: www.briing.com/free-calls/0870.php